Top Design Trends for 2020
April 7, 2020
The world of new home design is ever changing. From farmhouse to mid-century modern, the design of your home is a wonderful way to express your personality and showcase your style.
Paul Gray Homes interior designer, Megan McGraw of Megan McGraw Interior Design, shares a few of the latest top trends in new home design for 2020.
“The biggest change we are seeing is a shift from farmhouse to Scandinese, which is a mix of Scandinavian Modern and Japanese minimalist design,” explains McGraw.
Additional 2020 design trends include:
- Light/natural woods used throughout the home. White Oak is a popular wood choice.
- Low-profile furniture with a minimalistic, modern design. The capsule is the top shape we are seeing currently in furniture as well as lighting.
- Accessories and pottery with a global and handmade look.
- Faucets with strait, modern lines in chrome and black finishes.
- Gold accents.
- Mixing metals including chrome, black and gold throughout the home.
- Painted cabinets and kitchen islands that make a statement in classic black and dark sage green hues.
- Lighting that has clean and simple lines.
- Statement chandeliers that are oversized, but have clean, simple lines.
View our new home design photo gallery. #timelessdesign #livableluxury #paulgrayhomes